From: Mr. Ballard
Re: School News 10-27-17
Parents & students…coming up this week: school picture retakes, the soccer banquet, girl basketball practice & end of 1st quarter; see below for details. Remember that all current and future events can be found on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org, under the calendar menu and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ClintonAcademy.
We have some reminders that we would like to let you know about:
* Parents…do you shop at Amazon.com? If so, did you know that you can support CCA when you shop? The CCA link is http://smile.amazon.com/ch/43-1878692. CCA will receive 0.5% cash back on your purchases.
* Soccer Banquet will be this Thursday, Nov. 2nd at 6pm. Parents in attendance should bring 1 meat dish, either 1 side or dessert & something to drink. Siblings are welcome to attend. Banquet should last till 8:30pm.
* Girl Basketball Practice will begin Monday, 10/30. All Players should have a physical and a signed CCA General Release form before practicing.
5th-9th Girl Basketball Parent Meeting will be Monday, October 30th at 5:30pm in the CCA Gym.
* Label Challenge… We will let you know soon which class won the challenge. The winning class will receive an ice cream party.
*School Picture Retakes…If your child needs retakes, please return pictures in the original envelope by retake day, which is next Thursday, November 2nd.
*Flu Clinic–Nov. 7th from 9-12 for those who consented
* With cooler weather approaching, please make sure your child has a jacket, hat or sweatshirt for outdoor recess or PE.
* Parent/Teacher Conferences…will beThursday, November 9th from 3:30-6pm and Friday, November 10th from 8:30am-12pm. All parents are expected to attend. Please check with your child’s classroom teacher for your previously scheduled time if your student is in K4-4th Grades. The CCA Office should be contacted for conference times in 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th Grades.
*Project Christmas Cheer…CCA students will be participating with the Clinton Samaritan Center to help feed the needy in Henry County this winter. More information is coming soon.
*Tuition Payment…is due during parent conferences on Friday, Nov. 10th, if paying monthly.
*4-H Parents—when picking up your child from 4-H please use the doors by the recycle bins. Thank you!
Operation Christmas Child… We would like to encourage each CCA family to pack a shoebox with CCA or your church. If you have not already received a shoebox then please come into the CCA Office to get one soon. Shoeboxes are due back to CCA by Wednesday, November 15th. Questions about how to pack your shoebox are included in the box. You can follow your box by going to www.samaritanspurse.org/occ. There is a $9 shipping fee to send your box, please include that in the envelope provided or you can pay at the website above. If you would like to give “The Greatest Journey” you could also pay an additional $6 and your shoebox recipient would receive 12 discipleship lessons and a Bible.
Calendar for the Week of October 30th – November 3rd
Oct. 30 5th & 6th Girl Basketball Practice from 3-4:30pm & 7th-9th Girl Practice from 3:30-5:30pm; Parent Meeting 5:30
Oct. 31 5th & 6th Girl Basketball Practice from 3-4:30pm & 7th-9th Girl Practice from 3:30-5:30pm
Nov. 1 5th & 6th Girl Basketball Practice from 3-4:30pm & 7th-9th Girl Practice from 3:30-5:30pm
Nov. 2 School Picture Retakes 9:30am; Soccer Banquet 6pm (see details above)
5th & 6th Girl Basketball Practice from 3-4:30pm & 7th-9th Girl Practice from 3:30-5:30pm
Nov. 3 Mission Day; FCA for Upper School 9:40-10:20; End of 1st Quarter; 7th & 9th Girl Basketball Practice from 3-5pm
“We are Preparing Hearts and Minds to Impact the World for Jesus Christ”
Please check out all current and future calendar events on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org.