From: Mr. Ballard
Re: School News 9-28-17
Parents & students…can you believe October is Sunday? Coming up this week is: fire prevention, two away soccer games, the book fair, midterms and grandparents’ tea; see below for details. Remember that all current and future events can be found on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org, under the calendar menu and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ClintonAcademy.
We have some reminders that we would like to let you know about:
* Parents…please make sure boy students come to school with hair that is cut above the collar, ears and eye brows. Check pg. 14 of the CCA handbook for details.
* Lunch calendars will be found on the back of the CCA monthly calendar. Your October calendar will be in backpacks tomorrow.
* Health Screening results will be in backpacks tomorrow. Please look those over for any issues found.
* Label Challenge…If you are saving Box Top, Best Choice or Campbell’s labels please send them to CCA by Thursday, October 19th. Please label the bag/envelope with your child’s class before sending. The winning class will receive an ice cream party.
* Basketball…if your 5th-9th Grade son or daughter plans to play basketball for CCA, please make sure they have a physical by October 30th. Physicals are good for 1 year. If your student currently plays CCA soccer, they will not need an additional physical for basketball.
*2nd-9th Midterm Grades will be sent home on Wed, 10/4. They will need to be signed & returned by Fri, 10/6
* School picture envelopes will be in backpacks tomorrow. Pictures will be Oct. 11th from 8:15-11am.
* The Recycle Truck comes to CCA every Thursday to pick up our recyclables; however, if the recycle bins are full, please do not overfill the bins and leave items on the ground. We would prefer you to come back on another day to drop off items.
* Our CCA Uniform Garage Sale will end tomorrow at 3pm. If you have items here that you would like back, please pick those up before 3pm. All items that are left at CCA after 3pm tomorrow will be donated to the Clinton Samaritan Center.
* Grandparent’s Tea…will be Oct. 6th. 5th & 6th is from 9:15-10am, K4 is from 10:45-11:30am, and K5-4th Grades is from 1:30-2:15pm. This will be a full day of school for CCA. K5-9th Students may leave with grandparents after 2:15pm. If parents want to take 5th-9th Grade students, please wait until 2:30 for they are still in class until then. Details about the event were sent to you on Friday, Sept. 22nd via e-mail.
*Dress Down for Missions every Friday. Pay $2/month.
Book fair: Help is needed working the book fair. We need 1 volunteer to work on Thursday, October 5th from 1-3:30pm. On Friday, October 6th, I need 2 volunteers to work from 10:30-12 and 1 volunteer to work from
1-3:30pm. Hours worked can be counted towards fundraising hours; however, only 2 hours will be allowed per CCA child. If you work over 2 hours/CCA child, time will go towards regular hours.
Calendar for the Week of October 2nd – October 6th
Oct. 2 Fire Prevention. K4-3rd Grades from 1-1:50pm and 4th-9th Grades from 2-2:50pm.
Oct. 3 Soccer Game at Trinity (Alma). Bus departs at 3:15 & returns at 7:15pm. Wear red. A Only, 5:00pm.
Oct. 4 Book Fair open from 1-3:30pm; Midterms go home to parents in 2nd-9th Grades.
Oct. 5 Book Fair open from 1-3:30pm
Oct. 6 Book Fair open 10:30am-12pm & 1-3:30pm; Midterms returned; Dress Down for Missions, bring $1
Grandparent’s Tea; 9:15-10 for 5th & 6th Grades, 10:45-11:30 for K4 and 1:30-2:15 for K5-4th Grades.
Soccer Game at Harrisonville. Bus departs at 3:45 & returns at 7:30pm. Wear red. A Only, 5:30pm.
“We are Preparing Hearts and Minds to Impact the World for Jesus Christ”
Please check out all current and future calendar events on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org.