From: Mr. Ballard
Re: School News 3-16-18
Activities this week include: Track Practice, 4th Grade field trip, 5th Grade to Mops, FCA for US, End of 3rd Quarter & a FUN basketball game. Remember that all current and future events can be found on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org, under the calendar menu and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ClintonAcademy.
We have some reminders that we would like to let you know about:
*Track Practice…will be at the Clinton Middle School track. The address is: East Clinton St, Clinton, MO 64735.
*Matching Funds: can be added to until March 31st. If you know of anyone who would like to donate, they can still do so at any time. The Lord provided again; we are so blessed!
*7th Grade Chapel…will be Friday, March 23rd at 8:10am.
*Easter Break…will be Friday, March 30th & Monday, April 2nd. Snow days will be made up on 3/28 & 3/29. *Texting Teachers – PLEASE Do not text the teachers during school hours, they will not respond until after school. Please call the office when trying to reach your child’s teachers during the school day, unless they have tried to contact you.
*8th Grade Pictures: will be Monday, 3/26, from 1:35-2:55 with Kelly. Bring a change of clothing, wear uniforms to CCA.
1) Mark your calendar now: next Thursday, March 22nd will be the CCA Faculty/Coaches vs. JV/JH Teams Basketball Game. 1 Game will be played in the gym starting at 7pm. Concessions will not be available. There will be a free will donation at the door to support Sagrada Scholarship Bible Camp. Women and Men Faculty/Coaches vs. Girls’ and Boys’ JH/JV Team will be at 7pm. Join CCA for a night of fun!
2) The CCA Student Leadership Team will be hosting a dodgeball tournament on April 13th in the CCA Gym at 6:00pm. The teams will be made up of 4-5 students and the matches will be separated into 1st-4th graders and 5th-9th graders. Prizes will be given to the winning teams. There will be a $1 admission fee for spectators; however, there is no entry fee for teams. Entry forms may be picked up by the SLT bulletin board at school. All entries should be turned in to Lydia Lanning or Mrs. Dicket no later than April 6th.
3) Let’s be a community that PULLS together. The project of collecting aluminum pull-tabs has begun! The pull tabs will be recycled to help support the Ronald McDonald House at Children’s Mercy Hospital. The goal this year is One Million pull tabs. Collection will be from now until May 11th. Please bag your tabs and bring them to the CCA Office. CHS student, Zach Jones is the coordinator of this project. This event is sponsored by Month of the Child.
Upcoming Field Trips…
- 4th grade: will travel by FBC White Bus to the Children’s Literature Festival in Warrensburg on Monday, March 19th from 8am-4pm. Students should bring a sack lunch with a drink & wear CCA uniforms. Cost is $5 plus book $.
- 3rd Grade: will travel by FBC White Bus to Laura Ingalls Wilder house in Mansfield, MO on Wednesday, March 28th. Students should wear jeans and a CCA t-shirt/sweatshirt. Students should bring a sack lunch with a drink. Cost is $8 for students & $14 for parents.
- 8th Grade: will travel by FBC White Bus with Mr. Bancroft & Mr. Ballard’s to Sagrada Bible Scholarship Camp on Thursday, April 12th for a service project from 8am-4pm. Students should wear old clothes (jeans, work wear & gloves). Parents may attend; they should plan to drive themselves and be prepared to work alongside students.
- 6th Grade & Upper School (789): will travel by CCA Bus to participate in the 2018 Midwest Academic & Fine Arts Festival at Calvary University in Belton, MO on Friday, April 20th. Times will be e-mailed out to CCA the week before the event. A letter went home on Monday. Fees are due, Thursday, March 22nd. Please call Mrs. Townsend with questions. Students should wear black, white or gray to competition.
Will be the week of April 23rd. If your child has ANY Doctor appointments, Dentist Appointments, Orthodontic Appointments, ETC. please reschedule those for this week. We need every student present, well rested and ready to test this week of school. Testing will be in the morning, before lunch. All students in K5-9th Grades will participate in standardized testing.
Calendar for the Week of March 19th – March 23rd
Mar. 19 4th to Literature Festival (info above)
Mar. 21 5th grade will travel to MOPS from 8:50-11:00 & have Dare from 2:15-2:45pm
Mar. 22 Track Practice from 4:30-6 at the Clinton Middle School Track; Address above. CCA Faculty/Coaches vs. JV/JH Players 7-8pm, info above.
Mar. 23 Dress Down for Missions, pay $2/monthly & wear CCA t-shirt/sweatshirt & jeans to school every Friday; End of the 3rd Quarter; FCA for Upper School; 4H from 3-4pm; Track Practice from 4:30-6 at the Clinton Middle School Track, address above.
“We are Preparing Hearts and Minds to Impact the World for Jesus Christ”
Please check out all current and future calendar events on the school website: www.clintonacademy.org.
CCA Board Notes
The CCA Board met Monday, March 12 and here are the highlights from the meeting. The meeting was opened with a prayer and devotion. The minutes and treasurer’s report were reviewed, discussed, and approved. There was no Old Business to discuss. Under New Business the board discussed that Kyle Adkins will be rotating off of the board, that we will need a parent rep, and that we will begin praying about and looking for replacements. The bylaws state that the board is to have between 4-7 members.
The administrators report was presented and it was noted that our enrollment is currently at 124 students. We started the year at 122. Re-enrollment was discussed and we are at 119 re-enrolled. There are still some spots available in each class for next year. The outdoor classroom is finished with the addition of the 4 picnic tables and the gymnasium window blinds have been installed. We are still working on the kitchen remodel and it is scheduled to take place this summer. The auction will finish over $110,000, praise the Lord. The Student Leadership Team is hard at work and has planned a dodgeball tournament on April 13 and will sponsor a talent show the last day of school. The Friday morning prayer group will be helping to organize different fun events for CCA parents and students. March 28 and 29 of Spring Break will now be school days because of the bad winter weather. The board discussed how excited we are that Robin Ritchie will be joining us next year and working alongside Mr. Ballard.
The board voted on faculty and staff contracts for next school year. K4 – Mrs. Sandy Monteer, K5 – Mrs. Melissa Lewis and Mrs. Amber Lowe, 1st – Mrs. Michele Lanning, 2nd – Mrs. Julie Russell, 3rd – Mrs. Karen Patterson, 4th – Mrs. Marcia Olson, 5th grade English5th & 6th Math and Science – Mrs. Linda Wilson, 5th thru 10th grade Bible and 6th grade English – Mr. Patterson, 6th grade Band – Mr. Ballard, 5th & 6th Grade History – Mrs. Kara Manning and Mrs. Emily Howerton. Music – Mrs. Shauna Townsend, PE – Mrs. Jackie McClure, Art – Mrs. Kelly Griffey, Spanish – Mrs. Shelley Cronhardt, Computer – ? Position Open. Upper School Classes – 7th-9th Math – ? Position Open, 7th-9th Science – ? Position Open, Biology – Mrs. Raven Reed, 7th-10th History – Mrs. Kara Manning and Mrs. Emily Howerton, 7th & 8th English – Mr. Roger Bancroft, 9th & 10th English – Mrs. Robin Ritchie, 7th-10th Band – Mrs. Shauna Townsend, Upper School Spanish – Mrs. Shelley Cronhardt. The ones with a “? and Position Open” are positions that need to be filled. If you know of a teacher who loves the Lord and children and would like to work at CCA, have them call Mr. Ballard at the school.
The board also discussed CCA hosting the April 2nd Business After Hours through the Clinton Chamber of Commerce.
The board continued discussing the need for a CCA strategic plan and a date has been set for June 20 to begin developing one. The board and faculty will work together to create our strategic plan. The survey questions were finalized for the 2017-18 parent survey and the survey will go out the beginning of April. Parents will have the month of April to fill out the survey. It was discussed that this would be an annual survey that would be administered in the April-May timeframe and we hope that even more parents will participate, as they can see that the board really does look at, review, and use the information gained in the surveys. The board also discussed ways to make school more fun at CCA and will be incorporating input from the event committee to help with this.
The meeting was adjourned after a closing prayer and praise was given to God for what He is continuing to accomplish here at CCA through the faculty, staff, students, and parents.
CCA’s Guiding Principles are:
1) Christian Principles and Character, and 2) Christ Centered Academic Excellence.
CCA’s motto: We are preparing Hearts and Minds to impact the world for Jesus Christ.